Reunion and Sebastian Inlet
After our stay in Maryland we drove almost straight through to Augusta, Georgia and Fort Gordon Army Base where we stayed at a campground that was 11 miles into this very large base on Lake Leitner. Here is the lake on our the first morning there..with all kinds of atmosphere. I jumped out of bed to photograph and since it was the only morning that looked like this I was glad I did. The sun had not come up over the trees yet and it was very still.


We were at the base for Bill's Signal Corps OCS reunion and since we had arrived early we had arranged to go over to Canton, GA to visit with our friend, Pamela where we relaxed and had a really great time. Pamela is an author of books about plants and gardening, both in ground and in pots, and she has beautiful gardens at her house where she tests all kinds of plants and plant design. She was my employer when I first started out in FL and my mentor as well...I learned so much from her. Look for her books in Barnes and Noble stores...Pamela Crawford. ( The book plug was my idea.)There were butterflies all over the place in her yard.

The OCS reunion was an eye opener for me, not having any military anything in my past, and it was fun, interesting and at times very moving. We spent a lot of the time with friends and fellow OCS graduates, Bob and Jim, and very much enjoyed ourselves. Here is a picture of all the men at the reunion who served in Vietnam and who were graduates of the Fort Gordon Signal Corps OCS. Bill is just left of center in the back.I feel a great deal of pride in these men who served our country. It takes a lot of intelligence and bravery to do what they did.















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home