April 2009, Visit to Westover School
From 1964 to 1968 my world was Westover School in Middlebury, CT. It was a time of mixed enjoyment for me as I think those years are for many teenagers, a girl's boarding school aside. I cannot remember ever going back to visit since I graduated but was tempted to see it now since we were staying near by in Southbury and it was such a gorgeous spring day. Four years is a long time in a young life and so many memories came to me as we drove around the school, most of them surprisingly pleasant considering how conflicted I have felt about my years there. I was very rebellious (hard to imagine I know) and not a particularly good student. I have good memories of the friends I went to school with and sometimes I am even a little nostalgic. It is a beautiful school in a very beautiful location in the Ct countryside.
The front entrance is right behind my head and there is a banner over the door proclaiming the 100 year anniversary of the school.
The front entrance is right behind my head and there is a banner over the door proclaiming the 100 year anniversary of the school.
We could take walks off campus on the week ends and I often walked down the road a quarter of a mile or so the I-84 overpass to watch all the cars and trucks passing by and I dreamed about escaping and traveling. I guess the dream was there a long time ago.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home